Brampton is Opening Their Doors to Cannabis Stores
On Monday, January 21, 2019 City Councillors voted in favor of licensed retail stores selling marihuana in Brampton.
It is anticipated that on April 1, 2019 the first licensed retailer will open its doors in Brampton and will have to operate in accordance with the Cannabis Act. Peel Regional Police have been diligent in shutting down illegal dispensaries and will continue to enforce the law according to the legislation. Here are some reminders about buying and selling cannabis to help you avoid serious penalties and fines.
1) No one shall knowingly sell or distribute cannabis to a person under 19 years of age.
2) No one shall knowingly sell or distribute cannabis to a person who is or appears to be intoxicated.
3) No person shall sell cannabis other than an authorized cannabis retailer.
4) No person shall distribute cannabis that is sold, or that is intended to be sold, other than by an authorized cannabis retailer.
1) No person shall purchase cannabis except from an authorized cannabis dealer.
2) No person under 19 years of age shall possess, consume or attempt to purchase, purchase or distribute cannabis.
3) No person shall drive or have care and control of a vehicle or boat, whether or not it is in motion while any cannabis is contained in the vehicle or boat unless it is in a sealed unopened package and not readily available to the driver.
4) An individual can only possess a maximum of 30 grams of dried cannabis in public.
We know it has been an adjustment with the new Cannabis legislation. Safety remains our number one priority and we will continue to work closely with our community partners to provide the public with information that will help ensure their safety and well-being.