Just over two years ago, COVID-19 struck our communities and began to disrupt our lives. Our government has been there since the beginning to support Canadians and we will continue to do so into the future. Today, the Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, released Budget 2022: A Plan to Grow Our Economy and Make Life More
Budget 2022 invests in three main things: people; economic growth; and a clean future for everyone. As we emerge from the pandemic, our focus is making life more affordable for families as we continue to create good jobs, grow the economy, and tackle climate change. Budget 2022 will make a real difference in the lives of Bramptonians and is an important step forward.
In this Budget, we are:
● Making it easier for Canadians to buy a home;
● Moving forward on dental care;
● Helping our businesses scale up and grow;
● Making wealthy corporations pay their fair share; and
● Investing in a clean future and helping Canada become a world leader in producing
Canadians expect that we confront the challenges before us, while continuing to build the Canada of the future. These investments will help drive economic growth, increase women’s participation in the workforce, and give every Canadian the best opportunity for success.