HARBALJIT KAHLON REPRESENTS NDP ON CP24 PANEL
September 15, 2015
HARBALJIT SINGH KAHLON REPRESENTS NDP ON CP24 PANEL
BRAMPTON — NDP candidate for Brampton East, Harbaljit Singh Kahlon was the party’s representative at an all-party panel discussion on CP24 tonight. The segment focused on Canada’s economy and local issues faced by families across the GTA.
“The NDP has a concrete plan to defeat Stephen Harper and fix the damage he’s done to our economy,” said Kahlon. “Tom Mulcair and New Democrats have the experience, the plan and the team to get results for families in Brampton and across Canada.”
During the discussion, Kahlon raised some of the NDP’s plan to:
– Create and maintain one million childcare spaces at $15/day
– Invest $12.9 billion in GTA transit and infrastructure over the next twenty years
– Reduce small business taxes from 11% to 9% over the next two years
– Create good jobs in the manufacturing and innovation sectors
– Help save the lives of Syrian refugees by resettling 46,000 Syrian refugees by 2019
“Stephen Harper’s plan isn’t work. He’s run numerous deficit budgets, adding $150B to Canada’s debt while failing to create good jobs,” said Kahlon. “The liberals on the other hand are using the same old tricks, over promising on things without a real plan. Today, Justin Trudeau admited that he plans on running a deficits for the next 3 years, but just a few weeks ago said he would balance the budget – another flip flop from the Liberals, saying anything to get elected – just like we’ve seen with Premier Kathleen Wynne.”
“More and more Canadians are getting behind Tom Mulcair to bring change to Ottawa – and I’m proud to have been the NDP’s voice tonight on CP24 tonight,” said Kahlon.