Improvements Begins on Highway 427
|Ontario is widening a seven-kilometre stretch of Highway 427 from Campus Road-Fasken Drive to Steeles Avenue to improve traffic flow and safety in the Greater Toronto Area, while creating or sustaining 830 construction jobs.The project includes:
- Repairing, repaving and expanding the section of Highway 427 from five to eight lanes
- Building one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane in each direction
- Repairing eight bridges
- Installing new high-mast lighting and median barriers
Construction is targeted for completion by fall 2017.
Improving highways, roads and bridges across the province is a key part of the government’s economic plan to invest in people, create jobs, build modern infrastructure and support a dynamic and innovative business climate.
- The $83-million contract was awarded to Dufferin Construction of Oakville.
- Ontario has 16,900 kilometres of highway and 2,800 bridges.
- Ontario is investing $2.5 billion in road and bridge construction projects this year, creating or sustaining approximately 25,000 jobs.
Copyright ©2012 South Asian Daily. All Rights Reserved.
Warning: file_get_contents(http://ipinfo.io/126.96.36.199): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 429 Too Many Requests
in /home/southasiandaily/public_html/wp-content/themes/localnews/footer.php on line 84