Man Arrested for Stealing From Hospital
Region of Peel – Investigators from the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have laid charges in relation to a Theft Over $5000 and Possession of Stolen Property in the City of Brampton.
On November 14th the accused attended Brampton Civic Hospital and stole a heart rate monitor valued at more than $7000.
On Friday, December 21, 2018, investigators charged Kristos Bidwell a 38 year old man from Brampton. He was released on a Promise to Appear and will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on a future date.
Investigators believe there may be additional thefts that were commited by Kristos Bidwell and are asking anyone with further information to call investigators at the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453–2121, ext. 2133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
Citizens are reminded to be vigil in these types of circumstances. As a reminder, Peel Regional Police have established Buy and Sell Exchange Zones at 22 Division in the City of Brampton along with 11 and 12 Division in the City of Mississauga.
- Do not give out potential compromising personal information
- If possible, do not complete these types of transaction at your residence
- Do not give out banking or credit card information
- If possible, do not accept foreign currency as a form of payment
- Meet in a public well lit place
- Be vigilant that you could be purchasing something that may have been stolen