Midweek Headlines – October 16
- The Wilfrid Laurier campus of Waterloo University is under lockdown over a threat.
- A 19-year-old Regina man has been booked on charges of sexual assault, kidnapping and confinement of a teenager girl.
- The Liberals still seems to be moving ahead of other parties in poll surveys. Meanwhile, Advance Polling has ended and elections will be held on October 19.
- A seven-month pregnant woman who came to the hospital in critical condition had to wait for long. Finally doctors checked her up informing she had low blood pressure and has already lost the child. Though in great pain, the hospital told her to leave for home. Though the husband protested but to no avail. The hospital only entertained her after local MPs and the hospital head intervened.
- The Supreme Court of Canada has given its nod to BC’s new policy of roadside driving prohibitions.
- At least 49 people have died in a bomb blast in Nigeria.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned Central Asian leaders of possible incursions from Syria to Afghanistan though Russian airstrikes have killed several militants in Syria.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel who is attending EU summit in Brussels has commended the role of Turkey in dealing with the refugee problem. EU has agreed to extend three billion euros to Turkey to help it secure its borders.
- BJP has distanced itself from the comments of Haryana chief minister Khattar on the issue of beef saying the party does not hold similar views.
- The Supreme Court of India has passed a ruling against the role of politicians in appointing judges. BJP leaders have raised questions on this issue.
- In the second phase of Bihar elections, 55% voting was reported.
- Eight people died in a cylinder blast in Mumbai.
- As Hardik Patel has announced to hold a protest during the third ODI that will be held in Rajkot between India and South Africa, security has been beefed up.
- Tension in Punjab continues after the Punjab bundh call.
Copyright ©2012 South Asian Daily. All Rights Reserved.
Warning: file_get_contents(http://ipinfo.io/184.108.40.206): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 429 Too Many Requests
in /home/southasiandaily/public_html/wp-content/themes/localnews/footer.php on line 84