Midweek Headlines – October 23
- In a horrific accident in south western France, at least 42 people have died.
- Mexico is bracing for the Monster Category 5 Storm, Hurricane Patricia that will be catastrophic for the country.
- Consumer prices in Canada rose to 0.1% in September though gas prices stayed low.
- Yasir Naqvi, minister of community safety and correctional services has announced that random carding policy by police will be illegal by the end of fall.
- Blue Jays must win the all important Game 6 tonight against the Kansas City Royals to make it to the World Series.
- Pakistan security forces have killed six suspected militants near Pak-Afghan border.
- Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has assured US President Barack Obama that proper action will be taken against LeT and Hafeez Saeed. India has welcomed Sharif’s comments but added the promise must be kept.
- Security has been beefed up in Pakistan for Muharram processions.
- Opposition has asked Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take strict action against those who are making irresponsible comments.
- In Indian Punjab tension continues against the desecration of Guru Granth Sahib.
- Punjabi movie Shareek has been released today and according to early reports, it has done good business on first day.
Copyright ©2012 South Asian Daily. All Rights Reserved.