Midweek Headlines – October 8
- According to the latest real estate stats, September has recorded the highest number of sales in housing and condo market.
- A pedestrian died in Mississauga at 7am this morning.
- Though Mohamed Fahmy has been released from the Egyptian jail, he has said Canada could have done better for securing his release.
- Unemployment rate have come down in USA.
- Volkswagen US CEO has admitted he was informed of the emission non-compliance last year.
- Syrian chief has lauded Russian airstrikes against terrorists in his country. The offensive that used cruise missiles also has given a boost to Syria’s military might.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel has slammed Eastern European countries for refusing to take in refugees saying they are ignoring their own history and so should not do it.
- Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has conveyed his concerns on Indian ceasefire violations to the USA saying it wishes peaceful resolution of all issues with India.
- Washington Post has reported that Pakistan is seeking a civil nuclear deal with USA. USA signed a similar deal with India in 2008.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has broken his silence on the Dadri case saying people need to fight against poverty.
- SP Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav has said that Dadri incident was planned by three people of a specific party.
- The third and final T20 match between India and South Africa has been delayed due to rain.
Copyright ©2012 South Asian Daily. All Rights Reserved.