Steven Del Duca announced that an Ontario Liberal government will give small businesses a leg up and end Big-Box bias and handouts for mega-grocery chains.
Ontario Liberals will:
- Raise taxes on corporate profits over $1 billion.
- Force mega-grocery companies to hold fair and open negotiations with farmers, driving down food prices over time.
- Remove the HST on more meals under $20, paid for by increasing taxes on Doug Ford’s mega-grocer friends.
- Eliminate 2-years of corporate taxes for small businesses hit hardest by the pandemic.
- Eliminating incorporation fees for new business start-ups.
- Investing $10 million in grants to support Black entrepreneurs and Black-owned small businesses.