- Pakistan PM Imran Khan addressed a mega rally in Islamabad ahead of no-trust vote against him.
- Pakistan has been on edge since Opposition on March 8 submitted no-confidence motion.
- Opposition is confident that they can get support of 172 members in house of 342 to dislodge govt.
Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan addressed a mega rally in Islamabad ahead of a likely crucial no-trust motion vote against him by the opposition. Key leaders from his party, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) were present at the rally, where ‘Pakistan Zindabad’ slogans are echoing.
Imran Khan’s speech: Highlights
- Despite the difficult conditions in Corona, we saw record economic growth. Gave a historic package to the industry with record exports, record remittances, record crop production: Imran Khan. “I came into politics 25 years ago for one thing, and that is following the vision of Pakistan for which it was created,” the PM said
- I assure that none of the govt in Pakistan’s history has delivered as much as my govt has delivered in these 3.5 years, he said. “We have brought a bill to give the females their due right in inheritance!”
- “Never in the history of Pakistan has so much money been spent on the people as this government has done. Plans like Health Card, Ehsas Programs, Successful Pakistan were brought for the people, taxes were collected and petrol, diesel and electricity were made cheaper”
- Attacking the Opposition, the Pak PM said, “Maryam Nawaz who has not worked for an hour in her life and Bilawal whose trembling hangs who cannot speak Urdu also wants to be a leader and threatens to cry”
- Pak PM Imran Khan said, “Attempts are being made through foreign money to change the government in Pakistan. Our people are being used. Mostly inadvertently, but some people are using money against us”.
- “We know from what places attempts are being to pressure us. We have been threatened in writing but we will not compromise on national interest,” Khan said in his marathon speech that lasted more than an hour and a half.