On Thursday April 7, the Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) reopens its Art Gallery and Courthouse to the public for in-person visits and tours. PAMA has been closed since 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
PAMA’s reopening hours are:
- Thursdays, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sundays, 1 – 5 p.m.
General admission to PAMA is free to the public for a limited time. Donations are appreciated. Information on how to donate is available on our website.
PAMA’s Museum and Archives remain closed until the fall for construction. Learn more about what is open and what is not on the PAMA campus.
Exciting in-person family fun activities
Sunday, April 10, 1 – 4:30 p.m.
Discover images of past hockey teams and mascots from the PAMA Archives and design and sculpt your own team mascot.
*Open Easter Monday*, April 18, 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Celebrate Earth Week and create a Spring suncatcher!
Saturday, April 23, 1 – 4:30 p.m.
Make a hockey card using simple printmaking techniques.
Programs are subject to change due to COVID-19 community guidelines. Recommended for children ages 6 – 12 and guardians must accompany children.
Visit us to see these exhibitions in person:
- Power Play: Hockey in Contemporary Art
Guest curated by Jaclyn Meloche
April 7– June 5
Explore 45 works of art in diverse media by 13 Canadian artists and a selection of archival objects from the Hockey Hall of Fame. This exhibition questions the relationship between hockey and the Canadian identity by making the invisible bodies in the sport visible.
- See the work of Katherine Takpannie: One displayed on PAMA’s outdoors banners until April 30.
- April 14 and onwards, learn the story of Raven and Sedna as portrayed in the sculpture Transformation by indigenous artist Abraham Angvik Ruben.
- Courthouse and Art Gallery tours are available upon request at the Art Gallery front desk.
Not ready to return to PAMA in person yet?
- Visit PAMA’s YouTube channel to enjoy PAMA’s newest Meditation Moment. This guided meditation session is a celebration of Slow Art Day on April 2as well as Archives Awareness Week (the first week of April) and Spring! This Meditation Momentwill showcase a beautiful water colour landscape of Belfountain from 1931.
- Create the April Family Fun Activity from the comfort of your own home! Download the step-by-step instructions April 1 – 30.