Peel Regional Police: Officers Arrest and Charge Toronto Man
Region of Peel– Officers from 12 Division have arrested and charged a male with various firearm offences.
On Thursday, October 4, 2018, the suspect was in attendance at a licensed establishment in the area of Atlantic Dr and Enterprise Rd in the City of Mississauga when he fired shots from a firearm. Officers attended at 1:03 a.m. and located the suspect a short distance away where he was arrested and a Springfield 1911 firearm was located.
As a result, Jamey Reid, a 37 year-old man from Toronto was arrested and charged with the following offences:
1) Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
2) Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
3) Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition
4) Possession of a Restricted Firearm
5) Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
6) Intentionally Discharge a Firearm Recklessly
7) Careless Storage of Firearm
8) Carrying Concealed Weapon
9) Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was a Firearm
10) Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle
Jamey Reid was held for a bail hearing and will at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on October 4, 2018.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call investigators at the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453–2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca