Prime Minister Stephen Harper visits Vishnu Mandir in Richmond Hill
Yesterday, Prime Minister Stephen Harper visited Vishnu Mandir in Richmond Hill, Ontario. He was accompanied by Kyle Seeback, MP (Brampton West) and Costas Menegakis, MP (Richmond Hill). The Prime Minister laid a wreath at the Canadian Soldiers’ War Memorial built on the Mandir grounds and on Mahatma Gandhi’s statue in honour of Gandhi ji’s birthday.
Then Pandit ji Dr. Budhendra Doobay led the Prime Minister on a tour of the Peace Wall and the Museum of Hindu Civilization, which are dedicated to inter-religious harmony and celebrate the pluralism of both India and Canada.
1. Prime Minister Harper lights a Diya with Dr. Budhendra Doobay
2. Dr. Doobay, Prime Minister Harper, Kyle Seeback, MP and Costas Menegakis view the Peace Wall at Vishnu Mandir
3. Dr. Doobay addresses the congregation of Vishnu Mandir alongside Prime Minister Harper
4. Dr. Doobay and Prime Minister Harper in front of the Vishnu Mandir altar
5. Prime Minster Harper lays a wreath on Mahatma Gandhi’s statue, located on the Mandir grounds in honour of Gandhi’s birthday. He is joined by MPs Kyle Seeback and Costas Menegakis, Dr. Doobay, members of the Canadian Armed Forces and the Hindu community.