SOUTH ASIAN PULSE HEADLINES : FEBRUARY 1ST 2016
- Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne is on a 10-day trade mission to India. Over the weekend she was in Amritsar where she was honoured with the siropa at the Golden Temple. Though SGPC tried to deny the fact but images that came out in media revealed otherwise. The Ontario government has already signed a MoU with the government of Andhra Pradesh. Some more are on the anvil.
- In a special 10-minute CBC interview, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was asked 10 questions by 10 Canadians with diverse backgrounds.
- An Angus Reid Institute survey shows that two-thirds of Canadians are pretty happy. BC and Quebec Canadians reported the highest level of happiness. However, 13% people said they were not too happy. Meanwhile, about 80% are satisfied with the overall quality of life.
- Gian Ghomeshi’s trial commences today. He will also appear in court.
- Toronto Mayor John Tory is talking to media today regarding budget and transit.
- Gurpreet Kaur, wife of popular Kabbadi commentator Sukhchain Brar died when the truck got fire on Highway 402.
- The British government has given its nod to scientists for modifying genes. The move will help them create designer babies.
- Nine people have died in a suicide attack in Kabul, Afghanistan. Taliban has claimed responsibility.
- In Pakistan rift between PPP and PML-N has increased after Rangers arrested Uzair Baloch.
- The upcoming n-summit in Washington will be attended by Chinese President Xi, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. According to details Modi and Sharif might meet once again on the sidelines of the summit.
- The Pakistani team investigating Pathankot airbase terror attack is asking for more details. According to them the phone numbers provided by India are not registered in Pakistan.
- In Maharashtra’s Raigad district 14 college students, part of the 130-group on a picnic drowned in the Arabian Sea.
- In an HSBC survey, about 61% of the Indian population aged 45 has shown the desire to retire in the next five years but 14% find it difficult to do so due to financial constraints and rising costs in India.
- Classes at the University of Hyderabad are expected to start today as protest on the death of Dalit research scholar Rohith Vemula ends.
- India whitewashed Australia and clinched T-20 series 3-0. With this victory Virat Kohli has claimed the top spot in ICC’s T20 rankings. Aaron Finch of Australia enjoyed this position before him. India also stands at the top of the table in ICC’s team T-20 rankings.
Copyright ©2012 South Asian Daily. All Rights Reserved.
Warning: file_get_contents(http://ipinfo.io/220.127.116.11): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 429 Too Many Requests
in /home/southasiandaily/public_html/wp-content/themes/localnews/footer.php on line 84