SOUTH ASIAN PULSE HEADLINES MARCH 11TH 2016
1. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has wrapped up his visit to USA and will be departing for Ottawa this evening. But on the third day of his visit today in Washington, he will host a question and answer session with students at the American University. He will also meet with the president of World Bank. Prime Minister Trudeau and US President Barack Obama also exchanged pleasantries.
2. Ben Carson, former presidential candidate endorses Donald Trump.
3. According to a Statistics Canada report unemployment rate increased by 0.1 percentage points for the third month reaching 7.3%. Experts though that about 9,000 jobs will be created in March but in fact 23,000 jobs were lost.
4. Ellis Kirkland, 60, a senior level executive, has been arrested for stabbing 67-year-old who was taken to hospital in critical condition. He will be produced in court sometime today.
5. In Montreal, RCMP has charged a 28-year-old, resident for attempting to leave Canada to participate in a terrorist group’s activities.
6. Canadian household debt to disposal income has risen. Canadians now owe $1.63 for every dollar of disposable income.
7. After meeting Interior Minister Nisar Ali Khan, PCB official Najam Sethi has said the government has given permission to Pakistan’s cricket team to play in India after security assurances were given.
8. Lieutenant Colonel of Pakistan Army was shot dead by unknown assailants in Pakistan.
9. ED has summoned Vijay Mallya to appear in court on March 18 for questioning in the ongoing probe into the money laundering case.
10. National Green Tribunal (NGT) slapped a fine of IRs5 crore and then gave permission to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s Art of Living Foundation to hold its World Culture Festival.
11. Rajya Sabha today passed the long-awaited real estate bill to protect homebuyers.
12. SAD and Congress lock horns once again on the issue of the construction of SYL canal.
13. The first match of World T20 to be played between Netherlands and Oman has been cancelled, while the Bangladesh and Ireland match suspended.