SOUTH ASIAN PULSE RADIO HEADLINES DECEMBER 6TH 2016
1. Immigration Minister McCallum is expected to make a big announcement on family reunification tomorrow in Brampton.
2. According to Stats Can, youth unemployment has risen to 13.2% in 2015 that is slightly higher than 12.4% from 1976. But the main difference is that in 1976 most of the jobs were full time, in 2015 they were part time.
3. PC leader Patrick Brown has rejected John Tory’s proposal of placing tolls on DVP and Gardiner.
4. An old woman has died in an accident at Bathurst.
5. Doctor Mohammed Shamji had allegedly threatened his wife, Ealan earlier and relations between the two were not good. She also reported threat and told her colleagues that her relationship was abusive. She was getting divorce to start a new life. Dr Mohammed Shamji is a Yale graduate and a brilliant neuro-surgeon. Several surgeries will be delayed now in wake of this trial. His patients are surprised how a man who gave them life can murder his wife. Shamji’s wife Elana was also a brilliant doctor and worked for community charities. It is surprising to note that they looked like a Hollywood couple looking at the pictures of facebook but no one was aware of their internal fighting. The couple has three kids and living with Shamji’s mother-in-law.
6. South Asian community is in shock after one died and five got injured in an accident in Brampton on Cottrell and Highway 50. They were returning from India when this three-vehicle accident took place. A six-year-old girl and four adults were taken to hospital following the crash and an elderly woman was pronounced dead at the scene. All six people were in Hyundai car.
7. German Chancellor Angela Merkel wishes to run again for the fourth time. She said migrants will not be allowed as there is an anti-migrant wave in Europe also. She will also ban full face burqa if elected.
8. The Panamagate case hearings enter final stretch today. The main focus is on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s daughter Mariyam Nawaz and his family assets. PTI lawyer Naeem Bokhari has revealed about IRs50 million have been gifted to her. So it needs to be seen how she filed tax returns as in papers she is shown a dependent. It is being verified how did she pay her utility bills?
9. In Qandeel Baoch’s murder case, her brother Waseem and cousin Haq Nawaz have been indicted. But both have said they are not involved and so have pleaded not guilty. 10. Lakhs of people paid homage to Jayalalithaa. Her mortal remains were put in a coffin made of sandalwood and buried next to her mentor MGR at Marine Beach. The funeral was attended by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The last rituals were performed