SOUTH ASIAN PULSE RADIO HEADLINES NOVEMBER 1ST 2016
1. Finance Minister Bill Morneau will soon be updating Fall Economic Plan.
2. In 2017, Canada will bring 300,000 Immigrants: John McCallum, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
3. There is no strike as a tentative deal has been struck between Ford and Unifor.
4. Starting 2018, all new Canadian cars will have the back-up cameras.
5. Children are sleeping less as they are using mobile devices before sleep that is also impacting the health of kids. For not sleeping on time at night, they feel sleepy in school.
6. Halloween was celebrated across the world yesterday.
7. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau joined family to celebrate Halloween along with the rest of the country.
8. A study shows that Facebook users live longer. It also shows those socialising also have long lives.
9. Peel Police has arrested Umair Butt, 28 for an incident that occurred in the parking lot of 22 Division involving a stolen vehicle and dangerous driving where police fired a single shot at the driver. On October 28 at approximately 9:20pm, 22 Division uniformed officers investigated a vehicle parked in 22 Division parking lot located at 7750 Hurontario Street in the City of Brampton. Investigation revealed that the vehicle was stolen and when approached by officers, the accused drove towards officers and police discharged a single round at the driver of the vehicle.
The vehicle fled the parking lot and officers pursued for a short period before discontinuing the pursuit due to public safety concerns. On October 29 police located the accused vehicle, a 2016 white Dodge Durango on a pedestrian walkway in the area of the Meadowvale Town Centre in the City of Mississauga. The vehicle had been set on fire. On October 30, 2016, Umair Butt from the City of Mississauga was arrested and charged with Possession of Property Obtained by Crime, Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle, Arson and Flight from Police. Umair Butt was held for a bail hearing on October 31 at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
10. In the Poonam Litt murder case, the father-in-law Kulwant Litt may be sentenced on Friday as he suggested to roll the dead body of Poonam in a mattress, bury her in Caledon, giving wrong statements earlier and hiding blood stained clothes of Poonam.
11. Hillary Clinton has warned against Donald Trump’s finger on nuclear button as elections in USA is just a week away. Meanwhile, Trump has asked for a criminal investigation against Hillary. Hillary has said earlier also investigations were held but nothing came out and so nothing will come this time also. However, not much has been said about the emails.
12. An Indian teen has been arrested in US for choking 911 lines.
13. Special Forces have entered Mosul, Iraq, for the first time in two years. They have reported that ISIS is using 25,000 civilians as human shield.
14. On the issue of Panama Papers Scandal, Pakistan Supreme Court has ordered an inquiry and set up a panel adding by November 3 it must present ToR. Replying to Imran’s corruption allegations against Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif’s family, Mariyam Nawaz, Nawaz Sharif’s daughter said on April 22, 2016 it was her father who asked for probe into the case. She said the country has been saved from an assault on democracy and those who tried to damage it must be ashamed and learn from it. Punjab’s Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has also welcomed the decision saying his party respects rule of law.
15. Imran Khan has withdrawn Islamabad lockdown call after the Supreme Court has ordered inquiry in the Panama Leaks. A Youm-e-Tashakkar is being held. PTI’s Shireen Mazari has said it is due to her party’s struggle for accountability that SC has ordered a probe. PPP has said that Imran Khan has taken U-term with Aseefa B Zardari and Sharmila Farooqi showing similar sentiments. Pakistan’s Interior Minister Choushry Nisar has said it is the victory of democracy and rule of law. Meanwhile, Tahirul Qadri has also questioned Imran Khan’s decision.
16. Pakistan government in the upcoming Cabinet meeting will discuss Panama Leaks and Bahama Leaks.
17. The government intends to impose Governor’s Rule in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP).
18. Eight Indian civilians have been killed in J&K in LoC firing. Indian army has claimed to have destroyed 14 posts in Pakistan. India has also closed 184 schools near border.
19. A news report in India shows that Rolls-Royce paid 10 million pounds to Indian defence agent in the hawk aircraft deal.
20. Families of killed Simi men will move HC as they are seeking CBI probe in to this matter to find out if it really was an encounter or a fake encounter.
21. On the occasion of Golden Jubilee celebrations of Punjabi Suba in Amritsar, SAD leaders and BJP leadership joined hands. SAD highlighted its development agenda while BJP’s President Amit Shah said it was because of PM Modi that the country’s borders are secure.
22. Navjot Singh Sidhu is more likely to join Congress as AAP is not agreeing to fulfill his demand for Deputy Chief Ministerial position.
23. In the third Test, Pakistan made 281 in the first innings. West Indies in reply made 337. In second innings Pakistan is 87/4. Pakistan lead by 31 runs with six wickets remaining.