SOUTH ASIAN PULSE RADIO HEADLINES NOVEMBER 22nd 2016
COURTESY : IANS
- US president-elect Donald Trump has said that US will leave TPP trade deal on his first day of as President. Trump announced this during a short video show. However, the video did not have any mention of Nafta, sending Hillary Clinton to jail, Obamacare no mention or building a wall on US-Mexico border. But he mentioned that immigration rules will be toughened and illegal citizens will face deportations.
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has met with cabinet ministers after coming back from APEC summit. The media is questioning a $1,500 fund raising dinner that was attended by wealthy Canadian Chinese businessmen and one such entrepreneur donated $1 million to Trudeau Foundation.
- A Brampton video that has gone viral shows a winter tyre going off a vehicle on Hwy 407. The driver had recently changed his tyres. Police has asked people to inspect tyres before buying them.
- A US Judge told new citizens during a citizenship ceremony if they do not like Trump, they can leave the country. Media has raised questions on this attitude of a judge.
- Tsunami warning has been lifted in Japan after 7.4 magnitude earthquake hit the country yesterday.
- Lt General Ishfaq Nadeem might be named the new army chief of Pakistan. Khawaja Asif, Pakistan’s Defence Minister has said the new chief will have the challenge of fighting war on terror and deal with the LoC situation.
- Both BJP and Congress have won two seats each in Assam and Madhya Pradesh by-polls. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has thanked people on trusting the government on demonetization. Regional parties however, ruled. Congress leader Anand Kumar has also thanked people.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said demonetization is the beginning, not the end and in the coming days, war against corruption will continue.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has said demonetisation will make Indian economy healthy.
- Opposition parties will hold a large protest within the parliament complex on the issue of demonetization today.
- Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi has said Modi can speak on TV and pop concert, why not in the Parliament? He must explain demonetization in the parliament.
- Congress seeks Prime Minister Modi’s presence in Lok Sabha to discuss demonetization issue.
- Big Bazaar outlets will allow people to withdraw up to IRs2,000 notes.
- Supreme Court of India has said Arun Jaitley’s defamation cases against Arvind Kejriwal will continue as it cannot be stopped.
- In Kashmir three soldiers have been killed, one was beheaded. Security forces also killed one terrorist and recovered IRs 2,000 notes from his possession.
- Sitting MLA and SAD’s national vice-president Maheshinder Singh has resigned from all posts after police raided his house.
- AAP leader Bhagwant Mann who has to reply on making video inside the parliament skipped panel appearance, saying he has got public meetings in Punjab.
- Pargat Singh has ruleed out chance of following Bains brothers and joining AAP but he congratulated them adding had they told them, things would have been better.
- AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal has said after winning elections in 2017 in Punjab, violators of Sri Guru Granth Sahib will be punished.
- Virat Kohli has risen to the fourth place in Test batsmen rankings after his Man-of-the-Match performance in Vizag.
- Gautan Gambhir has been removed from the Indian squad for not performing well in the first two Test matches against England and for the next three Tests, Bhuvneshwar Kumar has been included. A 16-member squad includes: Virat Kohli (capt), Ajinkya Rahane (vice capt), KL Rahul, Murali Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Karun Nair, Wriddiman Saha (WK), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Jayant Yadav, Amit Mishra, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, and Hardik Pandya.
Copyright ©2012 South Asian Daily. All Rights Reserved.