SOUTH ASIAN PULSE RADIO HEADLINES NOVEMBER 29TH 2016
COURTESY : IANS
- Bank of Canada’s Governor Stephen Poloz has said growth of service sector is helping Canada’s economy. He said this sector is paying well also and though the economy struggled a little earlier but is picking up.
- In a proposal CBC and Radio Canada has said it wants $400 million more in annual funding to go ads-free. They cited the example of BBC in Britain. Currently the channel gets $110 million in government aid. Kelly Leitch wishes to dismantle it, Maxime Bernier wants to reform it while Deepak Obhrai question its reporting.
- The Ohio State University shooter has been identified as Abdul Razak Ali who injured nine students but was shot dead later. He was annoyed with US foreign policy.
- Trump has appointed Seema Verma as consultant and she will lead the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, a powerful agency that oversees government health programs and insurance standards. Before that he appointed Nikki Haley as US Secretary of State.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi leads Obama, Trump, Putin in Time’s ‘Person of the Year’ 2016 poll. Initial voting shows Modi is leading by 21%, Julian Assange 10%, Putin 6%, and Obama 7%.
- Plane carrying Brazilian football team crashes in Colombia taking death toll to 76.
- General Qamar Javed Bajwa has taken charge as Pakistan’s 16th army chief. He has vowed to resolve the LoC issues and has made some other commitments.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has taken a big move and asked all BJP leaders to share bank records after notes ban between November 8 and December 30. The move has been made in wake of allegations that BJP leaders did transaction before.
- AAP leader Kejriwal has said not only BJP but all political parties must make their bank records public. He also questioned the process of party funding.
- Trillions of dollars from Gulf countries such as UAE and Qatar is expected to enter India through Islamic banking: ICIF
- Two militants were killed after attack on Jammu army camp. In this two army officers and three jawans. However, 12 soldiers, two women and two kids were saved.
- Navjot Kaur Sidhu has said voting for AAP would mean promoting Akali goons. She added AAP will not win but dividing votes are going to hurt Congress.
- In Nabha jailbreak three have been arrested that include Assistant jail superintendent Bhim Singh, head warden Jagmeet Singh and a sweet shop owner Tejinder Sharma on the charges of abetment and criminal conspiracy. On this occasion a girl died in police firing. Her relatives are asking the government to extend one member of their family a government job and compensation as she was the only breadwinner.
- India beat England by 8 wickets in Mohali and lead series by 2-0.
- In the second Test, New Zealand beat Pakistan by 138 runs and win series 2-0. Pakistan collapse to first series defeat to New Zealand in 30 years. New Zealand was 271 and 313/5d, Pakistan 216 and 230.
Copyright ©2012 South Asian Daily. All Rights Reserved.