SOUTH ASIAN PULSE RADIO HEADLINES NOVEMBER 4TH 2016
COURTESY : IANS
- Canada added 44,000 jobs in October but unemployment rate stays at 7%. Most of the jobs were part time.
- US economy created 161,000 new jobs in October bring the unemployment rate to 4.9%. This information was provided by the US Labour Department to media.
- Federal court’s judge Simon Noel has told Canada’s spy agency the data collected by CSIS for 10 years was illegal. CSIS collected that data in 2006 to track terrorism suspects. The agency’s director, Michel Coulombe has said they will immediately stop sharing that data.
- A CBC marketplace investigation showed that real estate agents brokered double-ended deals that were unethical. Orea CEO Tim Hudak has promised to take action.
- A survey shows that 49% Canadians love to watch films but an overwhelming 51% loves to watch TV.
- Tussle for more seats at peel council between Brampton and Mississauga continues. Brampton and Caledon want four new Brampton seats and four more Mississauga seats added to the 24-member council. But Mississauga wants to increase Brampton’s representation, without increasing the total number of council seats, by giving Brampton just two more seats, but reducing Caledon by two seats and keeping Mississauga at 12.
- US elections are just four days away and 30 million people have already cast their votes. It is being said that votes of 3.5 million Indian Americans will make a difference in this election but their voted is divided. One Indian group condemned a video that surfaced against Hillary Clinton’s closest aid, Huma Mahmood Abedin who is of Pakistani origin.
- A woman, Kala Brown who disappeared in August, was found alive inside a metal container and chained like a dog for two months at a Woodruff property. Her 32-year-old boyfriend Charles David Carver is still missing. Police has arrested Todd Kohlhepp, a 45-year-old sex offender, charged earlier for raping a 14-year-old girl. Kala after being found, thanked police for saving her life but also told them that she suspects four bodies are buried inside the sprawling property. Not only police but a number of volunteers are also helping in the investigations.
- PTI chief Imran Khan has said Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his kids must get ready for punishment and soon his government will be sacked. PML (N) has also hit back saying a petition will be filed against Imran’s properties and offshore companies.
- Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has said liars cannot be leaders. He said the government is trying to bring development in this country and some cannot tolerate it.
- PPP leader Bilawal Bhutto has said Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif must answer for Panamagate and he will not leave Nawaz even if Imran does.
- Several smaller political parties including Tahirul Qadri criticized Imran Khan for not taking them in confidence before ending Islamabad siege. Replying to this Imran said smaller parties cannot tell how to work?
- NDTV has been banned for a day for relaying sensitive information on Pathankot. India’s Ministry of Information informed. Congress, JD (U) and the Editors Guild have condemned the move asking the government to take back the decision. AAP leader Kejriwal while hitting hard at Modi has said unless the TV channels praise Mr Modi every day, they will face the same fate.
- In Punjab Dharamvira Gandhi’s Lok Punjab Front and Sucha Singh Chhotepur’s Apna Punjab Party has jointly launched a new front that also includes Akhand Akali Dal created last month. Meanwhile, Chhotepur is talking to Pargat Singh and Navjot Singh Sidhu. Chhotepur said others will join soon.
- The Punjab and Haryana High Court have said Punjab has suffered a loss of over IRs 2 crore as it cancelled the process of allotting a liquor vend in Bathinda district to favour some.
- The Congress has announced its 34-member election committee to select candidates for Punjab Assembly elections today.
- During an interview to NDTV, Punjab’s Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal said the government is working well and mocked at Sidhu and Kejriwal. He said Sidhu is a comedian and Kejriwal knows nothing about Punjab.
- AAP leader Kejriwal will start his roadshows from November 9 in various constituencies. Due to falling AAP graph, the AAP youth wing convener and Sahnewal candidate Harjot Bains has said: “Since our party convener will be here for a longer duration, it will surely have a positive impact.” Though Kejriwal’s route has not been finalised, it will start from Malwa and move to Doaba, Majha and end at Malwa.
- The sixth Dr Ambedkar World Kabaddi Cup has started in Punjab. Eleven teams are competing in the men’s section – India, Argentina, US, England, Canada, Australia, Iran, Sweden, Tanzania, Kenya and Sierra Leone. Eight teams are in the women’s section – India, Sierra Leone, Kenya, US, Mexico, Tanzania, New Zealand and Sri Lanka. The opening ceremony was attended by singers Nooran sisters, Jaspinder Narula, Gippy Grewal, Sharry Maan and comedian Bharti Singh. On this occasion Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal informed the province is doing its best to promote sports in the state.
- In the first Test being played at WACA ground, South Africa made 242/10 in the first innings and 104/2 in the second. Australia in reply scored 244/10.
- Kim Kardashian has sacked Pascal Duvier, her main body guard after she was robbery for $1.1 million worth of jewellery in Paris.
Copyright ©2012 South Asian Daily. All Rights Reserved.
Warning: file_get_contents(http://ipinfo.io/184.108.40.206): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 429 Too Many Requests
in /home/southasiandaily/public_html/wp-content/themes/localnews/footer.php on line 84