Southasian Pulse Radio Headlines – August 31
COURTESY : IANS
- Canada’s GDP has grown at 4.5% annual pace in the second quarter of this year. Canada’s gross domestic product grew by 1.1% between March and June, an improvement from the 0.9 per cent growth seen in the previous three-month period. That is an annualized rate of expansion of 4.5%, the highest the figure has been since the third quarter of 2011. Economists were expecting the annual pace to be at 3.7% but it outperformed expectations. The Canadian dollar also went up gaining more than a quarter of a cent to 79.60 cents US.
- The Bank of Montreal economist Doug Porter has also commented on this saying people should not be pessimistic about Canada’s economy as it is growing at a good pace.
- Two explosions were reported at the flood-damaged chemical plant near Houston.
- Trump has said Pakistan can scream as much as it wants to but it must act against the terror groups in its country if it wishes the American aid to continue. Trump administration has told the US Congress it is putting $255 million in military assistance to Pakistan in an escrow account, unless Islamabad acts against terrorism.
- In the Benazir murder, the court has declared former Pakistani president Musharraf as absconder but let off the five accused. Benazir’s son Bilawal Bhutto has called the verdict ‘disappointing and unacceptable’ saying even after waiting for 15 years, justice was not served.
- In the Mumbai building crash toll has climbed to 16 with many still trapped
- Indian economy’s growth slowed down in Q1 2017-18 at 5.7%. Many are considering demonitisation as the cause.
- India wins the fourth ODI against Sri Lanka by 168 runs.
Copyright ©2012 South Asian Daily. All Rights Reserved.
Warning: file_get_contents(http://ipinfo.io/22.214.171.124): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 429 Too Many Requests
in /home/southasiandaily/public_html/wp-content/themes/localnews/footer.php on line 84