Today Canada’s Wonderland launched its new “Wish Trees” fundraiser and contest in support of the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) in Toronto. Between Aug. 2 and Aug.
16 guests will be able to purchase ribbons on which they may write a wish and tie to one of three Wish Trees on International Street. Each ribbon purchased is also an entry into a drawing for prizes, including a VIP tour and Season Pass packages.
“Supporting children and families is so important to us, whether it’s by bringing smiles to faces while they’re at the park or supporting children’s healthcare through SickKids,” said Norm Pirtovshek, Canada’s Wonderland general manager. “We’re proud to continue this support and look forward to the success of this exciting new campaign. We couldn’t do it without the wonderful support of our guests.”
Canada’s Wonderland has raised more than $465,000 for SickKids with initiatives like the Charity Duck
Campaign and the Yukon Striker First Rider Auction.
“Canada’s Wonderland has been a valued partner of SickKids for over 30 years, and we’re thrilled to be back in the park this year,” said Adam Starkman, vice president, Corporate Partnerships at SickKids Foundation. “The Wish Trees campaign exemplifies Canada’s Wonderland’s meaningful, creative approach to fundraising for SickKids, providing critical funds to build a new hospital for sick and injured children across Canada.”
Wish Tree ribbons are $5 each or $20 for five and 100% of net proceeds will go to SickKids. Ribbons may be purchased in-park at the sales site on International Street or online at canadaswonderland.com/wishtrees
The prize draw will take place Aug. 16, with prizes including:
• Four 2023 Platinum Passes + Four Platinum Dining
• Four 2023 Gold Passes + Four Gold Dining + One Gold Parking
• Four 2023 Season Passes + Four All-Season Dining + One All Season Parking
• A 2023 VIP tour for 2 (this includes a personal tour guide, exclusive front-of-the-line ride access, preferred parking, VIP admission, FunPix photo pass, free lunch or dinner at Backlot Cafe or All’s Well Hall, all-day drink wristbands and priority live show seating.)
• Four 2023 Single-Day Admissions + Four Premium All-Day Dining + Four Drink Wristbands
• Two 2023 Single-Day Fast Lane Plus
• Two 2023 Single-Day Fast Lane
For official contest rules or more information, visit canadaswonderland.com/wishtrees
About Canada’s Wonderland
Canada’s Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario (just outside Toronto), is a 300-acre theme park with more than 200 attractions including 17 roller coasters, and is the home to Splash Works, a 20-acre water park. Canada’s Wonderland is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), a publicly traded partnership and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world.
The Company owns and operates 11 amusement parks, four outdoor water parks, an indoor water park
and resort accommodations totaling more than 2,300 rooms and more than 600 luxury RV sites. For more information, see www.cedarfair.com.