Oakville – April 24, 2023 – For immediate release
Celebrate National Youth Week in Oakville from May 1 to 7, 2023! The Town of Oakville
and community partners are offering seven days of free fun and interactive activities
and learning opportunities for youth ages 11 to 17.
Featured events and activities
- Basketball, chess and pickleball on May 1 at Trafalgar Park Community Centre.
- Arts and crafts with Arthouse and Bollywood fitness on May 2 at River Oaks
- Ace the Job Interview, an online learning opportunity, hosted by Sheridan
College Community Employment Services on May 2 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- An open mic session hosted by the Oakville Youth Action Committee at Queen
Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre (QEPCCC) on May 3 from 5:30 to
- Career Exploration, an online learning opportunity, hosted by Sheridan College
Community Employment Services on May 3 from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Basketball, swimming, table tennis, and Bingo at Iroquois Ridge Community
Centre on May 4.
- The Drop! this month is at Glen Abbey Community Centre with sports, video
games, trivia and more on May 5.
- Teen Carnival: Mini Comic Con at Oakville Public Library’s White Oaks Branch
on May 5 from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Skating with a live DJ at Sixteen Mile Sports Complex on May 6 from 6 to 8:50
- Rock climbing, the Oakville Fire Department’s obstacle course, sports, video
games and button-making at QEPCCC on May 7. The fun starts at 11 a.m.
- College basketball workshop and Q&A session with Sheridan College Basketball
Athletes at Oakville Trafalgar Community Centre from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
A complete list of Youth Week activities, including exact dates, times and location of
activities is available at oakville.ca. Registration is required for many activities, so
remember to sign up early to reserve your spot!
Other Free Youth Drop-in Programs
In addition to the planned activities for National Youth Week, all drop-in programs
offered between May 1 and 7 are free for youth aged 13 to 17. Join us to get creative
Ride Oakville Transit for free starting May 1
Youth aged 13 to 19 can ride Oakville Transit for free starting May 1 with a valid
PRESTO card. Customers who do not have a PRESTO card can purchase one for $6 at
the ServiceOakville counter at Town Hall, Oakville Transit or at any Shopper’s Drug
Mart location in Oakville. Visit oakvilletransit.ca for more information.
Youth Centre Mural Project
Youth are encouraged to share their artistic abilities! The town is looking for a local artist
to guide youth volunteers through the planning and production of a public art project at
QEPCCC Youth Centre. A budget is provided for workshops, materials, and more.
Expressions of interest are due May 1, 2023. Visit the Public Art & Exhibition page to
Follow @OakvilleYouth on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for more information.
Please share Youth Week photos using #OakvilleYouth