The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of a homicide investigation.
On Sunday, July 17, 2022, at 3:33 a.m., officers responded to 647 King Street West for reports of a shooting.
It is reported that:
- officers located two people who had been shot inside a nightclub
- a 24-year-old woman was transported to hospital with non life-threating injuries
- a 26-year-old man was transported to hospital with life-threatening injuries
- the man was pronounced deceased at the hospital
- the woman was treated at the hospital and has since been released
- there is no suspect information at this time
The victim has been identified as Pardeep Brar, 26, of Brampton.
Any witnesses who were in the nightclub at the time of the shooting, or anyone with information or video of the shooting is asked to contact police at 416-808-7400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or at www.222tips.com.