The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a retail robbery investigation.
On Friday, December 23, 2022, officers responded to an unknown trouble call in the Kingston Road and Morningside Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- a man entered the premise and spoke with an employee to discuss the cost of receiving services
- he got into a dispute with the employee and became upset
- he assaulted the employee and made demands for cash
- he took a quantity of cash before producing a knife and threatening the employee
- the employee was able to flee the premise through an open window
Uniform officers quickly responded to the scene and located the man still inside the premise where he was arrested.
It is further alleged that:
- at the time of arrest, officers recovered the cash stolen during the robbery
Revon Obermuller, 36, of Toronto, was charged with:
- Robbery With Offensive Weapon
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, December 24, 2022, at 10 a.m., room 114.