On Sunday, May 15, 2022, at 12:10 a.m., police responded to a collision in the Church Street and Wood Street area.
It is alleged that:
– a 36-year-old man was in northbound lane of on Church Street on the east side of the road
– a grey Honda minivan was being operated northbound on Church Street
– the driver of the minivan struck the pedestrian
– the pedestrian was dragged for approximatley 100 metres
– the vehicle crashed into a Cafe T.O outdoor patio set up in the curb lane northbound Church Street, north of Wood Street
– the driver fled the scene after they struck the patio
– the pedestrian was transported to hospital where he remains in life-threatening condition
– the vehicle was located on Jarvis Street
– police located and arrested the driver at Wellesley Street East and Sherbourne Street
Shubham Joshi, 25, of Mississauga, is charged with:
1. Fail to stop at scene cause bodily harm
2. Dangerous driving cause bodily harm
He will attend court at Old City Hall on Sunday, May 15, 2022, at 10 a.m., in Room 112.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses, or anyone with dash-camera footage that were in the area at the time to contact police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or at www.222tips.com.