Investigators from 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau, have charged a 26-year-old man from Mississauga with numerous offences, including impaired operation of a vehicle.
On Monday, August 1, 2022, at 4:34 p.m., officers were called to a plaza in the area of Dixie Road and Rathburn Road East in Mississauga for a possible impaired driver. The vehicle and driver were located by officers, and they identified the driver of the vehicle as Viren Sarin. During the investigation, Police located a Glock 9mm Firearm with ammunition, a quantity of Canadian currency, as well as a quantity of narcotics within the vehicle.
On Monday, August 1, 2022, Viren Sarin was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Operation While Impaired
- Carless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
He was held for a bail hearing and appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Tuesday, August 2, 2022.
Anyone with information pertaining to this matter is asked to contact 12 Division CIB at 905-453-2121 x 1233. Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
None of these allegations have been proven in court.