This November, at the Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) join us for a full schedule of exhibitions as we honour Remembrance Day with an event in partnership with the Hindu Heritage Foundation Canada. Learn something new at our many exciting, unique workshops centered around silk screening, embroidered botany, and soft sculpture.
Honouring Remembrance Day
- PAMA Talks: The Hindu Journey in Canada and The World Wars
Saturday, Nov. 11, 1 – 4 p.m.
Join PAMA and the Hindu Heritage Foundation Canada for an afternoon celebrating the history of the Hindu community in Canada, from the Komagata Maru to the present day. We will explore the legal and social challenges the Hindu community faced in its early stages, their emergence as an integral part of the community, and their contributions in WW1 and WWII.
Cost: Included in PAMA general admission
Exciting Unique Workshops
Thursday, Nov. 2, 6:30 – 8:45 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 23, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
(Ideal for ages 6-12 years)
Friday, Nov. 24, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Cost: $73/child, $62.05/child for members. This is a drop-off day camp program. Registration is required.
Saturday, Nov. 25, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Cost: $85 +HST, $72.25 +HST for members
Saturday, Dec. 2, 2 – 4 p.m.
Cost: $15+HST, $12.75+HST for members.
A full slate of exhibitions on now – explore today!
- Yours to Discover: Sites/Sights of Peel Region
- Iron Willed: Women in STEM
- Nadya Kwadibens: The Red Chair Sessions
- Beyond the Bars: The History of the Peel County Jail
- This is How We Do It: Creating Museum Exhibitions
- Our Voices, Our Journeys
- Between the Clouds and the Stars: Innovations in Aerospace
- In Her Garden: Amanda McCavour and Jannick Deslauriers
- Sedna: Inuit Goddess of the Sea
- Paradise Lost: Dillon Douglas and Chris Louis
PAMA is a place to explore and learn about Peel region’s diverse culture and heritage highlighting important local, Canadian and global narratives. Art, artifact, and archival collections, exhibitions, and programs help visitors make new and fascinating connections to the surrounding community. Join us throughout the year for tours, events, workshops and public programs for all ages. Operated by Peel Region, PAMA is located at 9 Wellington Street East in Brampton. Visit pama.peelregion.ca to learn more.
Learn more about Peel’s continuing commitment to our community during our transition.