About Kabeer Makkar
- He attended one of the biggest web3 conferences as one of the youngest attendees at NFT NYC 2021 through Twitter connections. all of the expenses were covered.
- He worked on a consulting project for the United Nations to empower women and girls in Urban Morocco to thrive in the digital economy. built a deck to build communities of empowered Moroccan women; selected as top 20 of 130 proposals and sent out to UN Women.
- He worked on a consulting project for Instacart to improve the customer shopping experience. Built a recommendation deck with self-designed UI/UX, placed top 10.
Visit kabeermakkar.com for all his projects and more information.
The Jean Augustine Commencement Award is presented to a grade 12 graduating student who:
- Is pursuing a post-secondary pathway
- Is an outspoken advocate for oneself and others
- Is engaged in issues/projects beyond the school
- Takes action to promote equity
- Has contributed in a significant way to an initiative that promotes activism and positive social change
Schulich Leader Scholarships are Canada’s most coveted undergraduate STEM scholarships. One hundred are awarded to entrepreneurial-minded high school graduates enrolling in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math program at 20 partner universities across Canada. Half are valued at $120,000 for engineering scholarships and half at $100,000* for science and math scholarships. Every high school in Canada can nominate one graduating student each year to apply for the scholarship.